Monday, February 8, 2010

Ile de Goree with Inga and Martine


I've procrastated too long posting the different blog entries about Inga's visit the first week of January. With my new laptop it is easier to up load pictures, but they still move around so it is difficult to match my description to the photo. We went on a day trip to Ile de Goree. I invited Martine, my maid to come with us since she had never been there. Martine's brother both lives and works on the island. He works for the Slave House Museum, and was filling in for another staff person so was at the entrance when we arrived. Her sister also lives on Goree, and we met her when we arrived--as she was waiting to board the ferry to Dakar--and we saw her again when we were leaving and she, just returning.

The island was as lovely as my first trip. The Catholic church had the Christmas nativity in front--an interesting modern interpretation.









No comments:

Post a Comment