Saturday, February 13, 2010

A visit to N'jor island

Inga and I took a boat out to N'jor Island, just off the coast from the N'jor neighborhood in Dakar. We went with two of the kids in my kindergarten class, Sarah in the pink hat and Abdoulaye, in the orange life jacket, and their mothers. The trip over in the boat is exciting!

The island itself if peaceful. Inga walked around to the far side of the island, the Atlantic side, and took the photo of the art installation. When we returned to the main land--we saw lute wrestlers on the beach practicing. In the parking lot were sheep!










2 comments:

  1. Karen: It is great that Inga could visit. I look forward to all your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen: You look terrific in those photos. Better than ever. So glam. As someone else said on your Facebook page, Senegal really agrees with you. Linda P.S. I finally am learning to use the phone you lent me.

    ReplyDelete