Monday, August 17, 2009

swimming at Club Atlantic
















The pool at the Club Atlantique is next door to the school. It is 25 yards long and feels like a heated pool. I had planned to swim after school, but by the afternoon it is so warm that I can't swim very many laps. If I swim earlier in the day, it feels a little less like swimming in the bath tub. I was told that the pool close for several months in the winter because the water gets too cold to swim. The new director of the club says they bought a pool cover to keep the heat in, during the night and they think that will help. Maybe I will switch to swimming after school when the water warms up!

The snack bar next to the pool has wonderful food. The chef is Lebanese and make great hummus and other specialities. Many teacher come over here to buy lunch--they even have a window on the school side to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment