Friday, August 14, 2009

First Week






























It has been a very busy first week: learning about the school, cleaning out the classroom, finding your way around, being introduced to many new people and orientation to many new systems. My shipment arrived yesterday, and I'm feeling more at home surrounded with my stuff.

The new hires are being warned that we are in the honeymoon period and sometime in a few months the honeymoon will be over--and culture shock hits you.

I can use my bike to get to and from school, except I need to add air to the front tire for each trip. I do have extra tubes, and just need to recruit someone to help me repair the one with the slow leak.

I'm posting from photos of a restaurant on the ocean and the dinner for the new hires at the director's house, it is always about food.

Coming up--more about my life in Dakar and the classroom this weekend. I'm still not connected to the internet at the apartment and just steal some time and school to do this.

Karen

1 comment: