Sunday, October 2, 2011

Winter visitors

Typical Senegalese meal, sit on the floor and everyone eats from the same large bowl.  They use to  use their hands, but I noticed that more and more they use forks for spoons.  The weekend before Josh and Johanna left for the US, Alabra, my French tutor invited us to his place for a typical Senegalese meal--rice and fish.

Johanna and I played lots of scrabble while she was here. When it was just the two of us, we played in English.  When  my French tutor came, we played in French.

Josh picked up this lovely young women when we left Alabra's place and gave her  ride over to the main street. 

Josh playing Baaba Mal's guitar at Alabra's.

Alabra invited to come for dinner, we played our last scrabble game in French.
My sister, Johanna and her husband, Josh, came to spend last winter vacation with me.  Here  they are at a  roof top bar.

Johanna at a fancy hotel where we went to just hang out for the day.  It  had a beach and looked across to Ile de Goree.  See photo below.


Martine and I planning meals.

Josh and Johanna at the slave house museum on Ile de Goree.

Johanna on Ile de Njor.


Martine gave Josh and Johanna these Senegalese outfits to take back with them.  I doubt they have worn them in the states. 

Josh and Dede in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment