Friday, November 4, 2011

Kenya Safari

Entrance to the National Park, which is just 12 minutes from downtown Nairobi, and the first  park of its kind in Kenya. We went early Sunday morning.  There were five of us, plus driver and van. We saw every kind of animal that we had hoped for except hippos. 
Metal statues of animals at the entrance. 

The ISD staff, except Santha, on the safari, our driver-guide, took this one.






I've already forgotten the name of this bird, something bill. 


I printed one of these zebra pictures for my class and asked them "how many zebras do you see?" I got a different number myself each time I counted. 

At one point we passed a herd of zebras,  They were walking single file and when the leader--pictured above--stopped the whole line stopped.  Totally unlike kindergarteners, no pushing or shoving, no yelling hurry up. 






Just follow me!

Giraffes necking.  Is this where the expression comes from?

I had to get this picture of what looks like a two headed  giraffe.  Our class is learning a song to perform  at assembly next month, "Working together" and it has line "two heads are better than one"

You can see how close we are to the city.
Zebras walking in line. 
Impala


lioness

Mother monkey holding onto baby, or maybe the baby is holding on to her. 

Rhino

Love these signs--Be observant & patent for a better cameras results.

How would you like to find one of these bufflos in your front yard?

No comments:

Post a Comment