Saturday, March 23, 2013

Since I left Dakar

Here is what I've been doing since I moved back to the states.    I've mostly been settling into my new digs, visiting family and friends, getting new knees, playing scrabble and writing an article about my experiences in Senegal.  The next post is the article, called, back in the classroom after 40 years.  I've submitted it for publication.

Recovery from knee replacement surgery has given me lots of time for reading.  During my surgeries and rehab, Parami has been staying with another family and they care for him often when I am traveling.

I went to Brazil in January (between surgeries) to visit a family I had met my first year in Dakar.  Their daughter was in my kindergarten class. I love keeping up with the children I have taught through facebook as they move around the world.

I don't know yet what my next adventure will be.  I doubt it will be as exciting as Senegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment